fredag 21 mars 2014

Hyper-V Network issues

During the migration to Hyper-V for the DPM servers I stumble upon a problem, the problem is that the network connection for the guests dies at random. A restart of the guest does not resolve the issue, the only resolution I found so far is to restart the host and that is nothing you want to do!

While watching some hockey (I am a big fan of Hockey! Hejja Luleå!!) I was searching for someone that might have the same issue as I and Lo and Behold I did find something on this topic.

Over at Hyper-V.nu I found a interesting read that led me to the most probable culprit, VMQ, and after I disabled VMQ the backups has been running smoothly. Although it might not be a good workaround it is still a workaround. And Santas Workshop is currently a bit behind when it comes to the backbone infrastructure so we can live with the VMQ's being disabled.

Noteworthy, there is a hotfix available that can help you solve the problem.

Windows Server 2012 R2-based Hyper-V server crashes when network traffic passes through a virtual switch
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2913659

Also, here is a Wikipedia list over at Microsoft.com that includes some updates that are recommended for Hyper-V 2012 R2
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/20885.hyper-v-update-list-for-windows-server-2012-r2.aspx

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar